Some of these made me laugh…I think we can all relate to several items here.
Coach Matt Springer gives some of his thoughts on the 17. 2 workout:
1. It is impressive to witness athletes make this battery of gymnastics work metabolic
2. Each fraction knocks away 3-10 seconds; it adds up; mid-level-and-above folks need to consider not fractioning lunges while taking one quick break on power cleans
3. If you’re resting longer than 15-seconds on BMU, you need to do less repetitions per set…
4. But unfortunately, doing triples for BMU won’t get you into the 6th round
5. 80% underpaced while 20% overpaced; if you’re a mid-range competitor sub-3:15 through 2 rounds is likely too hot to be productive for stamina
6. To get better at BMU you need to do them stand-alone outside of a workout, when you’re not fatigued
7. Do 200ft of weighted dumbbell lunges and talk to me about your glute activation drills; this movement needs to be a staple in training for structural balance…
8. The same cannot be said about DB power cleans; glorified jumping bicep curls
9. Coming soon to a gym near you: CTB, HSPU, DU, WB, thrusters & Tng barbells. still worried about your 1RMs?
10. Over/under on seeing ring muscle-ups still?
11. 30 bar muscle-ups for time = 17.2?
12. Don’t ask me about going unbroken on toes to bar